Saturday, January 31, 2015
Case in point, just today I about had a meltdown when the lady at the ABC Store didn't card me. So I may have demanded she look at it. I mean she carded the Duke kids in front of me (they did look 12 though). But seriously, I'm only 32 lady! You should beg me to see my ID because in my head I feel like I still look 18!
See what I mean? Women don't like to talk about getting older and we try to pass of being the same age for about 10 years before we up it by a couple years. So with that being said and yet again on an unrelated note, I think I'll be 32 for a few more years. I can probably pull it off.
Anyway, going back to my point. January is my birthday month. And because it is my birthday month I get lots of freebies and great deals. Not only because I'm an avid couponer and sales hunter, but simply just because I was born. Apparently I'm really important and even major retailers and brands want to celebrate my day of birth. I don't blame them, I am pretty awesome. Everyone knows that.
If you are still reading this and I haven't lost you in my narcissism, I really do have a secret to share with you that you should try. Even if you hate shopping and aren't a couponer nor do you care about sales and getting a good bargain, you should at least think about the perks I'm about to share with you.
So, you know how every time you go shopping or buy something online they always want your phone number or email address to sign you up for their rewards or loyalty program? Yeah, I know it's annoying. Sometimes it still annoys me, however the benefits no one ever tells you about make it worth it.
(Note: I'd like to mention that I created a "junk" email account to use for such royalty/rewards programs. Any time I am asked for my email address I use that one so all my coupons/sales/rewards go to one inbox. It makes life super easy and you don't have to worry about all that junk being in your regular day-to-day email account inbox).
Back to the point...below I'm going to highlight my birthday freebies that I received during the month of January this year...you know, just for being born and stuff.
Ok so this year:
- STARBUCKS: $5.00 automatically gets loaded to my registered Starbucks gift card for me to get a free handcrafted beverage of my choice. Naturally that ends up being the venti Skinny Vanilla Latte. I'm so basic and boring it's ridiculous.
- KRISPY KREME: 1 free doughnut of my choice. And yes, I got only ONE! I was a good girl. (Every southerner knows Krispy Kreme is the only good doughnut (with the exception of Britt's in Carolina Beach of course).
- BARE ESCENTUALS: 1 free Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss ($10.00 value)
- ULTA: 1 free Ulta Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette ($12.00 value)
- BEST BUY: (Almost free) 2 DVDs. I used a $5.00 Best Buy Rewards Certificate to purchase two of my favorite movies on DVD that were $2.99 each. Meaning I spent $1.05 and got two DVDs.
- VICTORIA'S SECRET: Free Bombshell In Bloom Body Lotion. I used my $10 Birthday Reward with a $10 Angel's Reward I had and got that item for FREE! I did happen to have two Rewards to redeem at once, but even if I didn't have the Angel Reward I could have gotten a $10 item for free just with the Birthday Reward.
Below is a photo of the freebies....I wasn't that annoying person that took a picture of my food or coffee cup though. Please excuse the bowl of fruit in the background. Sadly that was not a birthday freebie ha ha!
This is just a small glimpse at the free stuff you can score on your birthday....there are lots more. Like apparently I can get a free burrito or something at Moe's if I sign up with them. I haven't done that yet. Maybe next year.
There are always more that I never take advantage of too. I guess these were just the ones that got me the most excited because the cosmetic brands especially are kind of pricey so I thought it was super cool and I should share this information with you all.
If you are still reading at this point then you must be super excited about getting free stuff too! Or you are now at least! So I'm sure there are countless other birthday freebies I don't even know about yet. So if you have any that you think I should check out let me know! Do you take advantage of birthday freebies or just delete the emails as another piece of "junk" from retailers? I'd love to hear from you so I can score even more freebies next year, you know, when I turn 32 again.
Until next time....