Saturday, February 23, 2013

Double Coupons? Oh Heck yes!

It's that time AGAIN!  Super Double Coupon Time!  It kind of sneaks up on you when you least expect it.  I wasn't nearly as prepared for this trip as I usually am but I managed to do pretty well.  Here's a picture of the best deals of today. 

I got a lot of other stuff without coupons that we needed for this weeks meal plans but I didn't include a photo of all that.  My fresh meat and produce today is probably not that interesting.  :)


Also, as a side note, yes I realize I bought 7 boxes of cereal.  I started hysterically laughing in the middle of Harris Teeter because I could already see Matt's impending reaction when he realizes what I got on this trip.  The eye rolling and then him making fun of me for stock piling cereal like a dooms day prepper would definitely be in full force once he found out.  

I thought it was so funny I took a picture in the middle of the grocery store of my cart.  So it was at this point that I knew I looked like a cereal addict with mental problems as I was hysterically laughing all by myself in the middle of aisle 5 and snapping iPhone photos of my cart for no apparent reason.  Trust me when I tell you the rest of the shoppers were not amused.  They probably thought about running me over with their carts.  I wouldn't blame them either.  Blocking the shelves with my taking photos and laughing all by myself is not amusing if you are a shopper in a hurry ha ha.  Too bad there was no one there to laugh with me. 


Ok so now on to the details.  If you aren't a super double couponer please feel free to skip over this section.  

Dove Men's Body Wash: $5.29 - $2.00 off 1 coupon (x2) = $1.29 each
Hefty One Zip Quart Size Freezer Bags: $5.98 - VIC special 2/$3 - $1.00 off 2 coupon (x2) = $.50 cents each
Total Cereal: $3.29 each (x3)  - VIC special BOGO = $4.94 total for 3 boxes - $1.00 off 2 coupon (x2) & $1.00 off 1 coupon (x2) = .94 cents total (each box was only like .31 cents!!!!!)
Cheerios: $3.29 - VIC special BOGO = 1 @ $1.64 - .50 cents off 1 coupon (x2) = .64 cents!
Folgers Gourmet Selections Caramel Flavored Coffee: $5.99 - VIC special $4.99 - $1.00 off 1 coupon (x2) = $2.99 
Cascade Dishwasher Detergent Packs (20 count): $5.39 - VIC special $4.99 - $1.00 off 1 coupon (x2) = $2.99
Kellogg's Krave cereal: $4.29 each - VIC special $1.99 each - $1.00 off 3 coupon (x2) =  $1.33 each
Frank's Hot Sauce: $2.79 - $1.00 off 1 coupon (x2) = .79 cents
Low Sodium Worcestershire Sauce: $1.99 - .40 cents off 1 coupon x 2 = $1.19
Frank's Sweet Red Pepper Chili Sauce: $3.19 - $1.00 off 1 coupon (x2) = $1.19
Gillette Fusion Shaving Gel: $4.99 - VIC special $3.99 - $1.00 off 1 coupon (x2) = $1.99
L'oreal Paris Evercream Nourishing Shampoo: 7.29 - $2.00 off 1 coupon (x2) = $3.29
L'oreal Paris Evercream Nourishing Conditioner: 7.29 - $2.00 off 1 coupon (x2) = $3.29
L'oreal Paris Evercream Conditioning Cleanser: 7.29 - $2.00 off 1 coupon (x2) = $3.29
Coffeemate Naturals Vanilla Creamer: $2.49 each x 2 =  $4.98 - $1.50 off 2 coupon (DND) = $1.74 each

Total before coupons & VIC specials: $191.00
Total Spent: $116.00
Total savings: $75.00 

Not too bad considering all the other food items I bought including fresh veggies and meat for meal planning this week along with the items mentioned above. 

Sidenote: while we are on the topic of coupons, I have not been using my Ibotta app like I was in the past but I need to get back in to that.  The only thing though is that some of the items in my queue right now I would never buy so I have to wait until deals that are more applicable to me are available to participate as much as I would like to.

Have you tried the Ibotta app yet?  What do you think about it?

Have you gone Super Double Coupon shopping yet at Harris Teeter?  It ends tomorrow I believe so you better hurry up!

Until next time...


 



6 comments:

  1. I always WANT to coupon but I can never get it together. I think it makes i harder living in San Francisco (or maybe that's just the excuse I tell myself). ;)

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so worth it. Time consuming but when you get used to saving so much on products you would normally buy anyway it's hard to go back to paying full price again! So worth it even though it takes some time and organization. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. I nominated you for the Liebster Award!!! :-)

    http://www.lovehylton.com/2013/02/liebster-award.html

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really good post, very useful, I think your blog could go along way, just try to personalize your blog design to make it unique! X

    ReplyDelete