Saturday, April 13, 2013

Living Room Wall Decor Project

Today's post is a DIY Tutorial (somewhat) of a recent project I did for the new house.  I've got lots of walls to fill and am not quite sure what my taste is perse so I'm not willing to invest too much money in decor items that I may get tired of in six months.

I'm also cheap.  There, I said it.  Someone had to.

Moving on.

Recently we had some photos taken together (me and Love Muffin) so now that we have a permanent dwelling space I'm attempting to incorporate these photos in to our decor.  So that left me puzzled, wondering how in the world I was going to be able to do this and not make it look hella lame.

And now let me introduce you to "Stuck On Ourselves Wall Decor" by CrazyJessF

What you'll need:

two 12" x 36" retangular floral foam boards
1 yard of a fabric of your choice
1 package of straight pins
velcro strips
4 photo frames of your choice (with or without matting)
4 photos

Using a flat, clean surface, lay your fabric out and cut the size needed to fit around your floral foam board.  Once you have the material cut, lay your foam board down face first on top of the fabric and tightly wrap the fabric around the board.  Kind of like you are wrapping a present.

You'll want to pull all four sides tight and pin the center.  Then work you way around until each side is securly pinned.  I put a straight pin every two to three inches.  The more the better.

Then I took velcro strips and put a piece on the top center of the board.  It may not want to stick but I was able to get mine to.  Maybe because it was stuck on the fabric?  Who knows.  I just made this up as I went along.

 


Once you have your board done (I did two) you can do as many as you want, then it's time to focus on framing your photos.  I decided to get 11" x 14" frames, with white mattes to matte by 8" x 10" photos.  Once you get the photos of your choice framed, you are done.  Then just hang on a wall somewhere....

Here is my finished product:




 And that's it.  I just made it up as I went along.  I think it turned out well.  I'm very happy with it.




The best part about it is that if I get tired of it, I can always change out the photos in the frames and recover the floral foam boards with a different fabric.  I can also change up the layout of how it is hung on the wall.  A lot of possibilities and took hardly any time at all.

What do you think?  What are some of your quick and easy wall decor ideas?  I'm always looking for new inspiration.

Until next time...







No comments:

Post a Comment