Sunday, November 11, 2012

11/11/12 Shopping Trip

Today was a pretty good couponing day.  I found some great deals today and with the every day coupon doubling policies at Harris Teeter I was able to save even more.

Today I went to Super Target & Harris Teeter because from my Lazy Quasi Extreme Couponers research I performed before I left I decided those two stores would be my best bet for today's trip.

One thing I also made sure I did was menu plan and make a list before I left.  I have made the mistake of not bringing a list with me before and trust me you don't want to do that.  You'll end up with fabric softener with no detergent, peanut butter but no jelly, and plenty of non edible items that you CAN NOT throw in to the crockpot.  Maybe I should say SHOULD not.  Marinated dryer sheets with a side of sauteed mouthwash does not make for a fulfilling dinner menu for the family.  Trust me.  No list = a cluster of crap when you are trying to come up with meals.

Per my last post I mentioned the importance of understanding each store's coupon policy.  My reason for that is some stores double coupons every day all day.  Kroger doubles coupons of up to $.50 cent value every day all day.  Harris Teeter however doubles coupons of up to $.99 cent face value.  Today I had quite a few coupons that doubled to give me great savings even though it wasn't  their super doubles event.  Read my previous entries regarding information on Super Doubles.  

Anyways, below is my "haul" as the real Extreme Couponers call it.  Since I started my own group of couponers I think I should call it something else.  But what?...

I did not picture everything I bought today just the items that were great deals...

It's hard to see everything but I tried to fit it all in one shot.

Total Raisin Bran - $1.00 of 1, on sale for $2.50 - $1.00 off coupon = $1.50
Coco Pebbles and Fruity Pebbles - on sale 2 for $4, - $1.00 off two coupon = $1.50 each
Le Sueur Green Peas - on sale 10 for $10, I bought two cans = great deal even without a coupon
Quaker Oats Medleys Indivial Oatmeal cups - on sale for $1.99 - $.50 cents off coupon which doubled to $1.00 off = $.99 cents each (I bought three since I had 3 identical coupons)
Kellogg's Crunchy Nut cereal - on sale for $2.12 - $.70 cents off coupon which doubled to $1.40 off = .72 cents!  Great Deal!
Progresso canned soup = on sale 10 for $10.  I had a $1.00 off 4 coupon = .75 cent each
Smuckers Jam/Jelly/Preserves = on sale 2 for $4 - .35 cents off 1 which doubled to .70 cents = $1.30 each
Duke's Mayo = on sale for $2.99, - .40 cents off coupon which doubled to .80 cents off =  $2.19
Uncle Ben's Rice = on sale for 1.89 each - $1.00 off two coupon = $1.39 each
Canned Veggies = Harris Teeter promo on HT brand canned greenbeans, peas, and corn = buy 2 get 3 free.  Final price = .39 cents each - GREAT price
Sugar Free Jello Pudding Cups - on sale for 2 for $4, - $1.00 off two coupon = $1.50 each
Smithfield Bacon - on sale BOGO, bought one at half price - $1.00 off coupon = $1.99
Smithfield Smoked Sausage - on sale for $2.50 - $1.00 off coupon = $1.50 (this is great to freeze and use to make jambalaya in the near future)
Halls Cough Drops - $1.79 each - $2.00 off 2 coupon = .79 cents each (will probably come in handy during cold & flu season)
Natures Bounty 1200mg Fish Oil caplets = on sale BOGO, bought one at half price = 5.37 - $2.00 off coupon = $3.37 Awesome deal!
Frozen Meatballs = on sale $2.67 per bag - $1.00 off coupon = final price of $1.67 

So at Harris Teeter I spent $115 but saved $75 between coupons and my VIC card savings.  Like I said not everything I purchased is pictured above.  I bought everything for our menu for the next 10 days so I'd say that's pretty good savings.

At Target I only used two coupons but took advantage of their weekly sales and clearance items.  For example, Campbell's Condensed Cooking Soups (cream of chicken/mushroom etc) were on sale for .69 cents each which is a great deal.  I also had a .35 cents off 4 cans of Campbell's soup coupons so I bought four cans at .69 cents each -  .35 cents off coupon =  $.60 cents each - cheapest deal in town right now

Then I was able to find Matt some deoderant on the clearance end cap for $2.38 for two Degree Men's deoderants.  That deal was too hard to pass up because even with my coupons and their sales on the other brands available that was the best deal by far.

Another great deal was the large bottle of Axe's mens body wash (only in the Excite scent) was on sale for $2.99 each.  I had a $1.00 off coupon = a final price of $1.99!

And my favorite items of the day from Target were my Glade holiday scented candles.   Which were on sale for $2.50 each = $5.00 - $1.50 off coupon = $1.75 each

Lastly, even though I didn't have a coupon, the large pump style bottles of Suave Professionals was on sale as a packaged deal you get the jumo shampoo and the jumbo conditioner for $5.00 total.  That is a great price. 

So...today's trip was pretty successful and understanding the retailers coupons policy will definitely assist you with further savings.  I never knew this whole time that a .75 cents off coupon at Harris Teeter would be doubled every day all day!  Life changer! ha ha

When did I become someone who got excited over coupons?  I don't even recognize myself anymore.







2 comments:

  1. I love you Jessica! You make me laugh at 2am in the morning. You are officially my idol...I want to be a lazy coupon lady too! Great blog! - Angelene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too Angelene! I'm glad I can make you laugh through all those sleepless nights. The lack of sleep is worth it, your babies are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete