Friday, November 30, 2012

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

It's that time again...that's right.  Christmas time!  I absolutely love the holidays.  The decorations, the smells, the weather, the movies, being able to wear fuzzy socks and fleece pajamas and drink hot cocoa for a month straight and being able to watch The Grinch and Elf on DVD over and over again.  There is just something about coming in to a holiday decorated home that screams comfort and family and if there is something delicious baking in the oven, it's even better.  In my case though I just burn a delicious smelling candle ha ha I'm not Betty Crocker.

So with that in mind I'm going to share all thing Christmas at our house.  Matt honestly could care less what decorations I do so because I am not able to awe him with excitement and jealously when he gets home from work I have to blog about it to share it with someone!

I apologize in advance for the length and all the photos but you have to see it to understand what I'm saying.  You feel me?  No?  Ok then just stop reading here then and Bahumbug to you.  If you do feel me then keep reading and comment and share your Christmas decorating theme, ideas, and favorites.

Ok first off let's start off with the tree.  It pretty much looks the same every year but I get one or two new ornaments every year.  This year I chose not to put my silver bows on because I find that I am losing space for ornaments by having them on there.

I'm also obsessed with The Grinch so my tree topper is inspired by my inner Who from Whovilleness.  Here's a closer shot.  I even make sure it's not sitting exactly straight so it is more authentic.  I'm a loser I know.  And what Grinch obsessed person can be without a inconspicuous Grinch strategically placed somewhere around.  This year's spot is on the bottom shelf of the TV stand. 


True story: I found a pair of The Grinch fleece pajamas in Walgreens this morning and begged Matt to buy them for me.  Pray for me.  You know my thing about adults (especially adults that are of the plus size variety) wearing cartoon animals on their clothes.  I need help, seriously, you need to call someone.

Moving on...

I finally got around to putting together my Christmas centerpiece for the island in the kitchen.  It's not the best thing since Pinterest but it's not the ugliest I've ever seen either.  Long story short you take a hurricane candle holder, two wine glasses, holiday balls or bells of your choice and two candles and BAM - you get this:


Thrifty me got most of the items at Michael's for 50-60% off and then the other items I already had on hand.  The candles were $1.99 each.  The large snowman balls in the hurricane candle holder were $3.00 total.  The wine glasses, star ornaments and clear base the hurricane holder is sitting on were already on hand.  Then the bells were on sale for $2.99 a pack and I bought three.  Here's a close up shot of each part.



Other great finds at Michael's were these figurines ($4.99 each) and glittery clip on poinsettias ($1.99 each) that I added to the three -  love them!  One because they are super cute and two because they were super cheap even without a coupon!


Also another tidbit about me and my Christmas decorations is that I've slowly become obsessed with words.  Like word and saying ornaments, figurines, etc.  Even the two new figurines I got this year had words on them!  These are just a few of the items on my tree.  I was too embarrassed to take a picture of ALL of them but clearly I think I may have a problem.  Am I the only one?  Hopefully not...


























Ok I guess that's all for now.  Please excuse me while I check myself in to a word art obsession clinic while wearing fleece Grinch pants, double fisting Bubba Keg's of hot chocolate and watching Elf repeatedly because "I'm a cotton-headed ninny-muggins".

And on that note I will leave you with my favorite Elf quotes...

SANTA! OH MY GOD! SANTA'S COMING! I KNOW HIM! I KNOW HIM! 
"First we'll make snow angels for a two hours, then we'll go ice skating, then we'll eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookiedough as fast as we can, and then we'll snuggle."
"You did it! Congratulations! World's best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody!"
"Good news! I saw a dog today!"

"This place reminds me of Santa's Workshop! Except it smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me".



No comments:

Post a Comment