Monday, November 26, 2012

Recipes, Savings & Other Stuff

Long time no post..

Let's see what have you all missed...

1.  I've spent the last few days held up inside my house battling a stomach flu.  I have never been this sick in my entire life.  I'll spare you the details, trust me you'd thank me for that if you had any clue how bad it was at my house and for my family these last few days.

Not exactly how I intended to spend my holiday weekend and vacation day Friday but everything happens for a reason.  I actually took a shower today and left the house which is awesome.  It feels weird going out for the first time after laying on the couch in your pajamas for four nights straight.

Because of that I will postpone my holiday decorating post for another week because I'm not exactly done.  The tree thankfully is already up because I put it up on November 17th because I was overly excited about Christmas almost being here.

2.  I made the most delicious southwestern chopped salad ever a couple of weeks ago (thanks Pinterest) and you don't have to feel guilty about eating it either because its pretty healthy.  The picture below I took while I was eating it.  It was so good I had to pause for a moment to share (sadly it took me two weeks to blog about it)

You can find the recipe here: Southwestern Chicken Chopped Salad


3.  I finally made the Pumpkin Dip (yep, another Pinterest recipe) and it was a great hit at Thanksgiving Dinner #1.  It was great but it makes A LOT of dip so I would suggest cutting the recipe in half.  Seriously even with 18 people we still didn't eat 1/4 of it because there were so many other delicious snacks and dinner treats to enjoy as is typical with most large party events.

I took the photo below after I got there and set it up.  I was that annoying person that wanted to take a photo for blogging purposes before I would let anyone eat it.  

You can find the recipe here: Pumpkin Dip

4.  Matt and I had our photos taken 11/17 at Yates Mill Pond by an awesome photographer I know because we have no decent photos together.  The shoot went great and for those of you that haven't seen them on Facebook, here are the sneak peek shots but there will be more to come in the next few days. 






5.  I'm anxiously awaiting the next Super Double Coupon's event however I've found quite a few good deals recently...just today for example I was pretty excited about my good coupon finds detailed below...I don't know if the excitement was due to this being the first time I've been out of the house in four days or because the deals were awesome.  Either way here ya go...

As I mentioned in a previous post Kroger has awesome deals every day all day.  Also as I mentioned earlier they double coupons of up to .50 cents face value every day all day.  If you time it right you can save a great deal of money with the Kroger sale prices and by doubling of manufacturers coupons.

Sparkle 2 pack Paper Towels were on sale for $2.79  (with Kroger card) - .50 cents (x2) coupon = final price of $1.79 each which equals .89 cents per roll.  Great Deal.  I had two identical coupons so I bought two packs of course.

Chex cereal which is normally pretty expensive was on sale 2/$4 - $1.00 off 2 coupon I had = $3.00 total meaning each box was only $1.50.   That's also a great price.

Snuggle Fabric Softener was on sale for $2.99 a bottle.  - .50 cents off 1 coupon I had that doubled to $1.00 off = final price of $1.99 for a large bottle of fabric softener.  GREAT deal.  I was excited for two seconds because I thought I had a duplicate of this coupon so I could stock up on that great price however I was really saddened when I saw one of the coupons has expired two days ago. 

Method Hand Wash Soap - this was the best deal of the day.  I found a few bottles of a particular fragrance marked down on managers special for .99 cents because it was an October Breast Cancer awareness specialty item.  Lucky me had a $1.00 off 1 coupon meaning the hand soap was FREE.99.  I wish I had duplicates of this coupon because I could have gotten about six bottles for free...since I'm a Lazy Quasi Extreme Couponer of course I didn't have six copies of the coupon. 

Another great deal today was 4pk of Angel Soft toilet paper was on sale for $1.19 - .25 cents off coupon I had which doubled to .50 cents off of course, = final price of .69 cents = .17 cents per roll.  Should have stocked up on that deal too if I had more time to dumpster dive and steal peoples coupons.

Lastly, my favorite item of the day is Cracker Barrel pre-sliced cheese squares which were on sale for $2.99 per block.  Lucky me had a $1.00 of one coupon meaning my final price was only $1.99 - doesn't seem like a big deal to you huh?  Did I mention that this is usually $4 cheese when not on sale no matter which store you buy it at?  Yeah, I'm so cheap I never buy it because of the every day cost, so yeah this is a big deal to me, thank you very much.  I even bought a box of Triscuit crackers that I didn't have a coupon for (although they were on sale of course) in celebration of this deal just to enjoy this cheese. Booooom, in your face!

That is all for now.  If you try these recipes, let me know.  If you have any great deals to share please comment and let me know. 

Until next time...






No comments:

Post a Comment