Sunday, January 6, 2013

Super Doubles & Other Random Tid Bits


It's that time again, that's right, the time I've been waiting for, you guessed it, SUPER DOUBLE COUPONS at Harris Teeter!  From now until 1/8/13 they will double up to 20 coupons per household a day of $2.00 value value or less.

Basically, $2.00 off coupons will double to $4.00 off but if you have a $3.00 off coupon they will NOT double that.  Considering most coupons are $1.00 - $2.00 off this is a great time to take advantage of the sales prices and coupon doubling.

Because no one cares about my savings I will try to keep the best deals I got this week short & sweet, I don't want my blog to be so boring no one wants to read it.  Also, after I highlight the best deals of the week I will mention a few other tid bits of information for those interested.

Don't go anywhere, the exciting part is coming.

On to my deals:

Look at this motha load I got yesterday.  Who hoo!.  It's so pretty I almost didn't want to put it away in the refrigerator/cabinets.  I think I was so excited about it because the deals were awesome!


Purex Detergent (Large Bottle): $11.99 / $9.99 / - $1.00 off x 2 = $7.99
Special K Vanilla Almond Cereal: $3.25 / 2 for $5 ($2.50) / - $1.00 off Purchase of 3 x 2 = $7.50 - $2.00 off in store promo on Kelloggs Products = $5.50 ($1.84 each)
Febreeze Set & Refresh Air Fresheners: $3.75 / $2.99 / $1 off x 2 = .99 cents each
Special K Chips (new product): $3.99 / 2 for $5.00 / - $1.00 x 2 = $3.00 ($1.50 each)
Angel Soft Toilet Paper: $3.99 / $2.99 / .45 cents off x 2 = $2.09
Almond Breeze Almond Milk: $3.15 / 2 for $5.00 / - $1.00 off x 2 = $3.00 ($1.50 each)
Aussie Shampoo: $3.99 / $2.99 / $1.00 off x 2 / =  .99 cents
Aussie Conditioner: $3.99 / $2.99 / $1.00 off x 2 / =  .99 cents
Herbal Esscences Waves Hair Spray:  $3.99 / $2.99 / $1.00 off x 2 / =  .99 cents
Secret Outlast Deodorant: $4.99 / $4.00 / $2.00 off purchase of 2 x 2 = $4.00 ($2.00 each)
Jimmy Deans Delights Breakfast Sandwiches: $7.69 / $5.97 / - $2.00 off (did not double per manufacturers request) = $3.97 (great price either way)
Classico Pasta Sauce: $2.99 / BOGO / $1.49 each / - $1.00 off purchase of 2 x 2 = .99 cents (.49 cents each)
Uncle Bens Rice Cups: $1.55 / - $1.00 off 2 x 2 / = $1.00 (.55 cents each)
Canned Diced Tomatoes: $3.98 / 2 for $3 / - $1.00 off 2 x 2 / = $1.00 (.50 cents each)
Starkist Tuna Creations: $2.59 / BOGO / $1.25 each / - .55 cents off 2 x 2 / =  $1.40 (.70 cents each)
Aquafresh Toothpaste: $2.59 / $1.50 / - $1.00 off x 2 / = FREE
Silk Fruit & Protein Juice Blend (Strawberry/Banana): $2.00 / on sale for $1.77 (no coupon but pretty good deal)
Bailey's Coffee Creamer (Creme Brulee): $2.39 / 2 for $3.00 / $1.50 / - .50 cents off x 2 / = .50 cents
Downey Infusions Fabric Softener: $5.89 / $4.99 / - $1 off x 2 / = $2.99

I did my weekly shopping while cashing in on my double coupons so not everything I purchased is pictured above.  However, I spent $80.00 and saved $70.92 so that's not too bad!

Now on to other random facts and tid bits of information...

1. I lost 3 lbs this week (go me) expected weight loss per week is only 1-2 lbs so I'm off to a good start.

2. I am going to attempt to make my own creative version of Asian Lettuce Wraps tonight for dinner.  I hope it is not an epic failure.  Either way I will post photos and a recipe and let you know how it goes.  I'm going to pair that with baked eggplant on the side.  I'm thinking cutting it in chunks drizzled with olive oil and garlic powder etc?  I don't know we will see.  I am making this up as I go along after all.  Either you can laugh at me or be inspired by me.  Only time will tell...

3. Adding 1 cup of fresh spinach to my daily smoothie snacks is not as gross as it sounded (thanks honey).  Don't get me wrong, I love spinach but the idea of putting it in my strawberry banana smoothie did not sound so delicious.  Turns out you can't even taste it and you sneak in an extra serving of green veggies for the day that way.  I will warn you that the color of your smoothie does appear off though after the addition of the spinach so it's mind over matter I guess. 

4. My new weekly addiction is having lunch at Whole Foods either on a Saturday or Sunday.  The salad bar there is amazing.  I haven't even had anything off the Hot Bar yet.  The Spicy Thai dressing they have is my favorite!  I honestly never imagined I'd be excited about weekly trips to Whole Foods.  What have I become?  I don't even recognize myself anymore. 

5. Last week when I posted that great deal I found on Annie's Lite Gingerly Salad Dressing at Kroger for only $1.74 a bottle...well I went back today and bought every bottle they had left.  I've priced this stuff all around town (Harris Teeter, Food Lion, Kroger, Whole Foods, etc) and this closeout price can't be beat...Matt is shaking his head at me right now...my stock pile is growing everyone!


6. I still have not put the Christmas tree & decorations up yet.  Maybe I will wait until we start packing for the move to the new house ha ha.

7. I picked out paint colors for two of the bedrooms in the new house last night.  I can't wait to paint, I hope what I have envisioned in my head turns out half as great as I think it will. 

Ok that's all for this week.  Stay tuned for the Asian Lettuce Wrap post...


No comments:

Post a Comment