Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 In Review

Wow, I can absolutely not believe that 2012 is ending.  It was by far one of the fastest moving years of my life filled with a lot of positive change and blessings.

Let's see:

January: 
I turned 29 and did not have a mental breakdown at the big 3-0 inevitably coming my way for the next birthday.  Cross your fingers for me this year.

February:
 I moved in with my sweetie, we celebrated our first Valentine's Day together, and I met 50 Cent. "I'll take ya to da candy shop..."

March: 
Mom and I went to see Elton John at PNC Arena in Raleigh, and I also met Richard Petty at the SE Petroleum Show in Myrtle Beach, SC

April: 
Matt turned 29 on 4/20 so I threw him a birthday party at our house and our families met for the first time.  This is when Matt got the best gift ever (other than me); a brand new grill.  I'm an awesome girlfriend.  And sometime during this month I met his Mom's side of the family (the entire family at one time).  They loved me of course.   Oh and I also met Roy Williams at a trade show I went to on UNC's campus. 

May: 
Mini road trip with Matt's family for Blaine's college graduation from High Point University, went down to Wilmington for my annual Memorial Day Weekend extravaganza with Myron which included a night spent fondu'in it up (yes I made that word up) at The Little Dipper.  Matt, Blaine, and his cousins entered the Hog Days BBQ competition in Hillsborough.  Ashley and I came to look pretty and be supportive.  (they didn't place but it was fun and our ribs and BBQ were delicious! - in the words of Blaine "it was rigged I tell ya"

June: 
 Matt and I took our first weekend trip together to the beach - complete with a trip to The Little Dipper of course, as well as dinner with my friends at Oceanic, and Matt met my Wilmington partners in crime for the first time.

July: 
I celebrated my 1 year anniversary at work

August: 
I was present for the home birth of my niece Gracie Boo who was born 8/14/12 at 11:52 am weighing 8lbs 4oz and measuring 21 1/4" long.

September: 
I celebrated my 1 year anniversary with my love Matt by taking a private tour of Duplin Winery and then followed that by late evening reservations at Nanas in Durham for a wonderful romantic dinner.  I went back down to Wilmington for my annual Labor Day Weekend extravaganza with Myron complete with another trip to The Little Dipper.

October: 
Brought home a new addition to our family came - Bear Faison-Hodge a 1 yr old male chihuahua, I joined my first fantasy football league at work.  Not only was this my first time, but I was the only female.  Everyone has to have the token female in the league.  I sucked major donkey butt and came in last but I had a few good players that everyone kept wanting to steal from me.  Everyone in the league sent me a trade request at least once during the season for Ray Rice.  "No you can't have Ray Ray!"  Apparently I have emotional attachment to my team and have a hard time trading them - unless they are injured and then I have no problem dropping them.  :-)

November: 
Put up the Christmas tree really early because I was soo excited about the holidays.  I had an on site photo shoot with my love so we could have decent photos of us to frame and give for gifts.  You're welcome.  We're so cute how could you NOT want our photo somewhere in your house?  We also spent our entire Thanksgiving weekend sick with a stomach virus - good times.

December: 
I went under contract on my first home purchase, I joined WW, and I made my first smoothie ever, and my Christmas was the best one yet.

In summary, it's been a great year full of many laughs and blessings.  I've put together a photo montage of the last year in no particular order to commemorate the memories of the year (most already mentioned above) for your enjoyment.


I can't wait to see what next year will behold.  I invision getting used to home ownership, decorating one room at a time until the new house is complete.  I also see healthy choices and more pounds lost, and well, who knows.  If the entire next year was planned out ahead of time it would be boring.  I don't want to know what's coming next just yet.

Happy New Year everyone.  Spend your evening tonight and time tomorrow with friends, family and those you love the most.  Treasure each moment and each day you are blessed with next year.  Don't think about what you DON'T have and spend time being grateful for what you DO have.

That is all.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!



No comments:

Post a Comment