Sunday, December 23, 2012

Weekly Coupon Trip

My coupon book is dwindling down.  There have not been any coupon inserts in the newspaper for the last two weeks.  I'm going through withdraw and really don't like to see my notebook so empty. 

I also actually had quite a few coupons that expired this week that I wanted to take advantage of so today I stopped by Harris Teeter.  I did not follow my own set of couponing rules before I got there.  Typically I would have already gone through the HT weekly sales paper online so I would know what I wanted to get before I got there, and I would have already set a menu for the week as well.   However I did not do that this time.  I didn't really need too much this week so I figured I'd get the items I did need (with or without a coupon) and then whatever sales they had that matched up to the coupons in my book I would use if they were good deals.

This week HT has a lot of items that are BOGO and quite a few of these items matched up to the coupons I had left.  I got quite a few items for less than a dollar per item which was awesome.

Mt Olive Bread & Butter Pickle Chips: BOGO: $2.75 (1.37 each) - .50 cents off one coupon (x2) = final price of .37 each (I had two copies of the .50 cents off coupon which of course doubles!

Pepperidge Farm Baked Naturals Crackers: $2.50 - .50 cent off coupon (x2): $1.50

Golden Grahams Cereal: BOGO:  $1.64 per box (did not have a coupon, but that's an awesome price even without a coupon)

Betty Crocker Cookie Mixes: 2/$4 - .40 cents off 1 (x2)  = final price of $1.20 each

Glass Plus: $2.89 - .35 cents off 1 (doubled to .70 cents off 1) = $2.19

Dole Mandarin Oranges: on sale 10/$10, - .50 cents off two (doubled to $1.00 off two) = final price of .50 cents per can

Dole Fruit Cocktail: on sale $1.25 each - .50 cents off two (doubled to $1.00 off two) = final price of .75 cents each

Triscuits: on sale BOGO at $3.15 ($1.57 each) - $.50 cents off 1 (x2) = .57 cents per box (I had two copies of that coupon)

Fruity Pebbles: on sale 2/$4 - bought one box at $2.00 - .55 cents off one (x2) = final price of .90 cents!

Prego Pasta Sauce: $2.39 each - $1.00 off two coupon =  $1.89 each

Campbell's Gourmet Bisque Soup: on sale 2/$5, I bought one at $2.50 - .75 cent off coupon (x2) = $1.00

Pepperidge Farm Bread: on sale BOGO ($1.99 each) - $1.00 off two coupon =  $1.49 each

Jimmy Dean Delights Canadian Bacon, egg and cheese english muffin breakfast sandwichs: on sale $5.97 - .55 cents off 1 (x2) = $4.87 (not too bad, these are usually expensive and I never buy them without a coupon)

California Pizza Kitchen White Pie: $6.99 - $1.50 off 1 coupon (that I received at the register with my receipt from my last trip to Harris Teeter) = $5.49 (ok price but I've done better at Kroger when it was on sale and I had a coupon to go along with the sale)

Smart Balance Butter: on sale for $1.34 - .50 cents off coupon (x) = final price of .34 cents!

Immaculate Buttermilk Biscuits: $1.92 each - $1.00 off 2 coupon = $1.42 each

Immaculate Crescent Rolls: $1.50 each - $1.00 off 2 coupon = $1.00 each

Armour Meat Balls: BOGO (I bought 4 packages) = $1.82 each

Total spent today: $63.12

Total saved today: $62.71

Basically my entire grocery cart was 50% off with the sales and the coupons!  Who hooooo!

I didn't have to get too much for meals for the week since it's the holidays and we will be eating away from home for most meals.





Also, for those of you that didn't see my status message on Facebook yesterday, I found the cutest winter jacket on sale at Old Navy:


It was 60% off (without a coupon) so I paid a total of only $15.97 for this coat.  I'm so excited about it.  However unfortunately it makes me look like the Gorton's Fisherman due to the shade of yellow that it is, but I don't care.  I can still rock it and look cool.  Don't hate on my style! :)

That's it for the awesome deals I got this week.  I heard the next coupon insert isn't supposed to be until 12/30 when P&G puts out their monthly insert (can't wait!)




No comments:

Post a Comment