Sunday, December 9, 2012

Weekly Shopping Trip

Today's trip was not planned so I didn't go in with a menu in mind or anything specific.  I knew I needed a few key items my Love Muffin did not obtain on his recent trip to Harris Teeter so I leisurely went after watching back to back chick movies on FX.  (Easy A, 27 Dresses, and now The Proposal as I write this blog...next up is Step Brothers and The Other Guys)...anyway as I watched movies I cleaned out my coupon book of all the coupons that had expired.  Sadly I had quite a few.

As I walked out to door I grabbed my coupon book just in case and I'm sure glad I did because I got some good deals today.  I will share with you below.  Some of the deals I got did not involve a coupon but was just a weekly sale item at Harris Teeter that you just need your Vic card to take advantage of. 


1 Gallon of milk at Harris Teeter is currently on sale for $2.97 (regular price of $3.99+-) which is pretty good considering the price of milk right now.  (not pictured)

Morton's Kosher Salt - Regular price $2.25 per box - on sale 2/$5 - 2 .55 cents off coupons which doubled to $1.10 off each = $1.40 each  (Matt cooks with it - I honestly don't know the difference between regular salt and kosher salt but he's got enough to last him a year now, you're welcome honey)

Olay Body Wash - Regular price $4.49 on sale for $3.99 - $1.00 off coupon = $2.99 (stock pile was running low for me, although we've got five body washes in various scents and brands stockpiled for my Love Muffin' - Moma's got to smell good to ya know)

Kellogg's Golden Crunchy Nut Cereal (not pictured) - on sale 2/$5 so 1 box = $2.50 (didn't have a coupon but that's not a bad price that cereal is expensive but oh so good)

1 Box of International Delight individual coffee creamers Creme Brulee flavored (Qty: 24) - Regular price $3.35 on sale for $3.00 - $1.00 off coupon = $2.00

Archway Ginger Snap Cookies - regular price $3.49, on sale for $3.00 each - $1.00 off coupon = $2.00 total and they are just as good as my favorite Ginger Snap cookies from Trader Joe's.  

1 bottle of Bailey's Coffee Creamer (Caramel Mocchiato): on sale for $2.00 each - $1.00 off coupon = $1.00 (this stuff is like crack, I just made a fresh pot of the Harris Teeter brand French Vanilla coffee and added a tablespoon of this to my cup...mmm mmm good)

Arizona Diet Green Tea (large cans) = on sale BOGO at .99 cents each.  I purchased 8 cans for a total cost of $3.96 = .49 cents each (my favorite deal of the day by far because I love Arizona Diet Green Tea!)

Another great deal today that did not involve a coupon but rather just using your Vic Card:

Buy 1 Degree Men's Deoderant get 1 Men's Clear Scalp Shampoo for FREE.99:
1 Degree Men's Deoderant = $2.99
1 Men's Clear Scalp Shampoo = regular price of $7.00, on sale for $4.99 - $4.99 offer = FREE.99

So I purchased a $2.99 item to get a $4.99 item for free - that's freakin' awesome

Another too good to be true find today:

I use a spray gel made by Pantene that is usually always sold out at stores or if they do have it it's almost $5.00 a bottle.  However today while at Harris Teeter I noticed that they actually had some and they had marked them down on clearance (I'm assuming because they are not going to sell it anymore)

The regular price is/was $4.49 each, marked down to $2.47 each - $1.00 off two coupon I had = final price of $7.07 for three bottles (I purchased all they had in stock) = $2.35 each

This will last me a while and now I've got a mini stock pile going (look out TLC, I'm on my way to getting my own show after all!)

Total spent today was $67.59 

Total savings (between coupons & VIC card) was $42.13

So basically I got my entire order for almost 40% off .  I'm telling you, all the time I spend (which isn't that much since I'm kind of a lazy couponer) clipping and organizing coupons and reading sale papers online really is worth it I swear!

Just since I've really started couponing (the Lazy Quasi Extreme way) I have saved a total of: $250.00 on groceries/household items and I've only been at it since late October. 

Matt and I both have a small stockpile of any household items we need (deoderant, shampoo, razors, body wash, etc).  Our cabinets are always full of snacks and items we can use to create delicious meals throughout the week and we are paying off debt much quicker since we are spending less on groceries we have more money to contribute to other bills.

Until next time...

















No comments:

Post a Comment