Sunday, December 16, 2012

Weekly Coupon Deals & Other Tid Bits

Well it is Sunday, so that means it is time for my weekly coupon deal update. 

Try to control your excitement, I know it will be hard. 

Anyone reading that are avid couponers like me should get enjoyment out of my weekly posts because it gives you a heads up on where you should use the coupons in your purse, file folder, glove compartment, recipe box, shoe box, floor board of your car, or wherever else you may store your coupons - to each their own. 

This week I shopped at Kroger however I broke cardinal sin #1, which is thou shalt not go to the grocery store even with coupons in towe without a shopping list and menu plan for the week.  It took me twice as long at the store because I broke this rule but I quite honestly had no idea what I wanted to make this week.  Somehow I was able to mentally plan a menu while in the store and so this week menu consists of:

Sunday: California Pizza Kitchen Margareta pizza with side ceasar salads
Monday: chicken stir fry with mushrooms, zucchini and squash with brown rice and steamed broccoli.
Tuesday: baked pork chops with roasted garlic & olive oil couscous and green peas
Wednesday: crockpot chicken drumsticks with wing sauce, corn, and baked ranch red potatoes
Thursday: chilli
Friday: TBD
Saturday: TBD

Anyway, back to my point...So behold this weeks deals...



Skintimate Shaving Cream: On sale 2/$4 - $1.50 off 2 coupon = $2.50 ($1.25 each)

Edge Shaving Cream: on sale 2/$4 - $1.50 off 2 coupon = $2.50 ($1.25 each)

Hellavu Good Jalapeno Cheddar Dip: on Managers Special for .50 cents each because they were near expiration date - .55 cents off 1 coupon = FREE (I had two coupons so I bought two and both were FREE.99)

Smart Balance Butter: on sale 2/$3, I bought one at $1.50, then had one .50 cents off 1 coupon which doubled to $1.00 off = final price of .50 cents

Sundown Fish Oil (1000mg): Regular price = $6.99, on sale BOGO, I bought one at $3.49 - $2.00 off one coupon = final price of $1.49

Birdseye Steamfresh Frozen Vegetables (peas & corn): On sale 10/$10, I bought two at $1.00 each - .50 cents off two coupon which doubled to $1 off = final price of $1.00 (.50 cents per bag)

Cascade Gel Action Packs: On sale $4.37 each - $1.00 coupon = final price of $3.47 (not too bad this was a 20 ct bag)

The trip this week wasn't a huge coupon haul but I did make use of the sales deals with the coupons I had.

Also, I don't know about ya'll but I'm still anxiously awaiting the next Super Doubles event at either Kroger or Harris Teeter but I'm thinking it will be after the New Year before the next event...the anticipation is killing me. 

Also no good coupons came out this week.  What's that about?  My notebook is getting rather slim.  Anyone that lives in my area that does not use the coupons in their weekly Sunday paper or the ones that come in the mail please send them my way (I will forever be grateful and you'll be my new best friend - it's a win win if you ask me).

One more side note:  The best part of my shopping trip today was the elderly man that was in the frozen foods aisle.  He was so excited to see Edy's Ice cream on sale 3/$10.00 (that stuff is expensive so I'd be excited too if I were him).  Anyway, I noticed while taking in his excitement that I had a coupon in my book for $1.00 off the purchase of 2 Edy's Ice creams so I gave it to him so he could save a little more.  It made me happy to give it to him because I new that would really make his day.  I could just imagine him sharing the news "not only was it on sale but I saved an additional dollar because some crazy lady I don't even know gave me a coupon".  Merry Christmas Grandpa!

That's all for this week.  Anyone have any good deals they want to share?  Or better yet, I'd love to hear tales of good deeds.  It's that time of of the year and I encourage you to spread the blessings in your life with others.  My church is calling it "You Got Christmas'd" - it would be such a powerful gesture if each one of us Christmas'd a random stranger during this time of year.  You never know how much that could mean to someone or how much that little gesture could influence their mind, heart and fill their spirit so they to will be inspired to pass it on. 

I know my coupon giving was just a small drop in the bucket of this so when the time is right and I find the opportunity someone in the Durham area is going to get Christmas'd.  Knowing me it will probably be in the line behind me at Starbucks.  Just keepin' it real.











No comments:

Post a Comment