Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Adventures With My Love Muffin

Today my Love Muffin and I spent some quality time together.  He even went with me to Target while I did some sale/coupon shopping.  He deserves a medal for that, but to his advantage I wasn't on a full psycho coupon lady shopping trip today so he didn't have to suffer too much.


Today's best deals:

Save $3.00 off the purchase of 3 Febreeze Products:
The holiday scented Febreeze Set & Refresh air fresheners were on clearance for $2.54 each.  I bought three at $7.62 - $3.00 off coupon = $4.62 ($1.54 each).  I love these things so I was very excited about that.

Save $1.00 off the purchase of 1 Febreeze Candle:
Also on the clearance end cap I found one of the smaller Febreeze holiday scented candles on clearance for $1.79 - $1.00 off coupon I had = .79 cents, also very exciting because I love candles :)

Save $2.50 off the purchase of 2 Tampax Pearl Tampons (16 ct or higher):
$4.19 each - $2.50 off two = final price of $2.94 per box

Moving on...

After our Target trip we then went over to the Asian Market.  I've never been to the Asian Market before but it was a rather neat place (minus the smell).  They have literally FRESH, like still swimming in tanks and frozen on ice with heads seafood items so naturally it doesn't smell like roses. 

I saw eel today on this trip.  I wouldn't eat it before and I definitely won't eat it now that I've seen it slithering in a tank but it was rather cool either way. 

I also have to admit that I was really overwhelmed because I didn't know what anything was and a lot of the items naturally I could not read because I don't speak the language but thankfully we ran in to a gentleman that looked very at home at the Asian Market.  His cart was full of stuff so I just assumed he knew what was good so I probed him with unsolicited questions while he shopped because that's how I roll.  He didn't seem to mind though.

After a brief talk with this guy (let's call him Dumplin' Guy) we left with edamame, ponzu sauce, a gluten free tai peanut sauce, bok choy, sprouts, mushrooms, and wonton wrappers.  Also after talking to Dumplin' Guy we decided that we needed to add a wok to our kitchen equipment list. 

Luckily for us we had a date night planned at Southpoint Mall (which was our next destination of the evening) so we decided we were just going to window shop and see if we could find one we liked. We went in to Williams Sonoma to look around and ended up finding a flat bottom double-handled wok for only $24.95. 

and now we are the proud new owners of our own wok.  Isn't she pretty...


After this we braved the crowds at Bath & Body Works to take advantage of the $6 Wallflowers sale they were having.  Matt was not amused at the craziness nor the fact that I spent the amount of money that I did on simple air fresheners but he just doesn't understand!  They are so worth it and that's like over 50% off normal price and you know how I am over a good deal.

Ok moving on, next we went to a new store I'd never been to before called Sur La Table. 


To put it mildly we were like kids in a candy shop.  It's much like a Williams Sonoma only better.  It's heaven.  I don't know what was more exciting, the matching measuring cups and spoons we got ($12 total) or the fact that they have an employee demonstrate the espresso machines, explaining how each one works and then they will brew you a cup of espresso to try.  Matt and I found a darling $400 espresso machine that we are in love with but I'll put that on the list of kitchen items that we can't afford right now along with the Kuerig coffee maker, a KitchenAid stand mixer with assorted attachments, and the assorted branded $100 6" Chef's knives Matt drooled over.

We then ended the evening by going to the movies to see The Guilt Trip with Barbara Streissand and Seth Rogan.  It was really good, although I'm not sure how I felt about the ending.  It was a great date night movie and the previews we saw for upcoming movies mean we will be spending many more future date nights at the movies.  Quite a few good ones are coming out.  My top two can't wait to see movies are the two new Melissa McCarthy movies: one with Sandra Bullock (The Heat) and one with Jason Bateman (Identity Thief).

Sidenote: I also saw This is 40 earlier this week and it was hilarious!  I love any movie with Paul Rudd.  His dry cynical sense of humor makes me drool with laughter (even when no one else is laughing).  It ironically also has Melissa McCarthy in it...  Anyway, the movie is hilarious but there is a lot of cursing but that seems to be how the comedy movies are these days.  Since I have a dirty inappropriate and dry sense of humor it doesn't bother me that much, but just a heads up if you are wanting to see it. 

So in summary: the Asian Market is cool, we now have a wok, I love Sur La Table, we have expensive taste in kitchen machinery and accessories, I got really cool measuring cups/spoons for the new house, I got a lot of awesome deals today and most of it was on air fresheners, and there are a lot of good movies coming out soon I can't wait to see.

Oh and date night with my Love Muffin was awesome as always.

That's all for now.  Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment