Sunday, June 9, 2013

Random Facts About Me

An innocent conversation about bananas prompted me to write this post.  May you will find these facts about me interesting.  Maybe you will find them weird.  Maybe you already know some of these facts.  Either way here they are in no particular order...


  • I only eat green bananas.  If they aren't green then they better be bright yellow without one brown blemish on them.  Once they start looking brown (even just a couple of freckles of brown) I won't eat them.  They freak me out.  Ask Matt.  
  • Out of all the various type of apples that there are I only eat the granny smith ones.  They are prettier, juicier, and taste better.  I don't know why I feel that way, I just do.
  • I hate, no not hate, absolutely loathe the feel and sound of paper.  The texture of it makes my skin crawl which is why I hate using paper napkins and why I also wet my paper towels before I use them.  
  • I have anxiety when the towels are folded incorrectly.  Me adding this to the list right this very minute, or even being able to acknowledge that this is an issue for me is prompted by the fact that as I type this over the top of my laptop screen I'm looking at my future brother in law that is folding the towels that I had drying in the dryer so he can do his laundry and I want to rip them out of his hands and fold them "hotel style" or "my way" whatever you want to call it.  In my head that's the only correct way.  I know there are more than one way to fold towels.  But if it's not my way then I think it's weird.  I can teach you the method if you want.  It's much prettier.  I never realized I had so many issues until recently.
  • I don't like eating things with my hands.  Corn on the cob?  Nope. I will cut the corn right off the cob and eat it with a fork.  Chicken wings?  Nope.  I will eat those with a fork too.  Apples?  No, I don't eat those like a normal person either.  I core them or peel and slice them and then eat them although I will put a slice in my mouth using my hand.  Pizza?  When I rarely eat that I always use a knife and fork as well.  T-totally-weird!
  • I always get in the shower before I turn the water on.  Then get pissed when the cold water hits me because it always does when you don't let the water heat up before you get in like most normal people do.  After 30 years I still keep doing it.  I don't know why.  
  • I really do think I have an addiction to Starbucks Skinny Vanilla Lattes.  My mouth is watering now just thinking about one.  I plan my weekend activities around which Starbucks in the area has a convenient drive-thru.  Although I did switch it up today and got a Chai Tea Latte and it's probably now going to be my new addiction.  
  • Going back to my weird issues with fruit, I also prefer green grapes to the other types of grapes.  Not sure why.  All grapes taste good, I just prefer green ones the most.  Maybe because I'm obsessed with green fruit?  I have no clue.  I'm a nutjob so there really is no telling.
  • I'm not a morning person.  I don't like for you to speak to me until I've had coffee or at least had the chance to get fully awake.  If you breath too loudly or make any noise whatsoever I want to automatically throat punch you. Thankfully Love Muffin is not an overly annoying morning person so we don't have too many morning issues.  
  • I can't sleep in socks.  They make me feel weird when my feet are under the covers.  Like my feet are going to suffocate or something.  I don't know why.  If you see me under a blanket with socks on in bed it's only because I'm probably sick and have to have socks on to retain body heat.
  • I have anxiety about the most random ridiculous things but the major things in life that should cause me undue stress, discomfort, or pain don't seem to bother me in the slightest.
  • I can't stand to be late!  For anything!  Not even to a movie. In fact, when I go to the movies I like to be one of the first ones in the theater.  My friends and loved ones make fun of me frequently on that one.  It's just my thing so deal with it.  I just spent $100 to go to the movie!  I'm going to watch every preview, partake in the movie trivia, and make sure I watch every second of the movie in it's entirety.  Not to mention if you are the first one in there (at the theater I usually go to anyway) you can score that awesome middle section first row center seat with the rails in front so you have a foot rest!  Score! 

I'm sure I could think of a few more but these are the first ones that come to mind....

I know I'm not the only one that has weird tendencies and issues.  So come on, share yours!



Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment