Sunday, June 2, 2013

Super Doubles Time Again & Other Stuff...

So I wasn't going to participate in Super Doubles this time at HT but who was I kidding?  I can't resist.  Love Muffin's Moma always saves her coupons for me so today after a quick stop at Mom & Dad's I grabbed some scissors and cut some good ones I thought I was going to use and then headed right on over.  I did commit the ultimate cardinal couponing sin by not making a list before I went to the store and by not having my coupon book.  Since today's trip was impromptu as it was, I just threw the coupons in my wallet and hoped for the best.  Normally this does not end well but today it was somehow manageable.  Maybe because I had a limited number of coupons on me?  Who knows.

Anyway, I didn't manage to do too incredibly bad and even menu planned in my head for the week while there and managed to come home with items that either worked together or complimented items already in my stockpile. 

I feel I got some pretty awesome deals today and also did a little ibotta shopping as well.  Love Muffin and his lil' bro whom is now what I affectionately refer to as "our tenant" since we let him move in with us love snack foods so I thought I might as well take advantage of some sale items that I could also get ibotta rebates for in the process.  Perfect example would be the two bag of chips I bought.  I don't usually eat chips but did because of the rebate and because the guys would like them.  However it is hard for me to resist them and I did have a few earlier.  I'm hanging my head in shame as we speak. 

Moving on...


Total Spent: $90.05
Total Saved: $66.33 (between coupons & VIC specials)
Total ibotta rebates: $7.50
Total savings + rebates = $73.83

% Savings of 61%

Details on my best deals of today are below.  If you aren't interested in the details of all that please skip on to the next section...

Best deals from today:

L&P Worcestershire Sauce:  on sale for $2.50 - $1.00 off x 2 = .50 cents!
Sunlight Dishwasher Detergent Packs: on sale for $3.49 - $1.00 off x 2 = $1.49!
Head & Shoulders Men's Shampoo: on sale for $4.99 - $2.00 off x 2 = .99 cents!
Aussie Hair Insurance Leave-in Conditioner: on sale $2.99, Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner: also on sale for $2.99 - $1.50 off two Aussie products x 2 = $1.49 each
L'Oreal Advanced Leave In Repairing Oil Treatment: on sale $5.99 - $2.00 off x 2 = $1.99
Dove Men's Deodorant: on sale for $3.50 - $1.00 off x 2 = $1.50

Front Porch Ice Cream: on sale BOGO = $2.24 each - .75 cents off 1 x 2 = .74 cents
Front Porch Ice Cream: on sale BOGO = $2.24 each - $2.00 off 2 x 2 = .48 cents each
Green Giant Frozen Veggies (corn & carrots): eVIC email deal at .97 cents each (without coupon)




Now that that's out of the way...

I haven't been blogging much lately.  I know you all have been heartbroken over this.  Maybe even shed a tear or two.  Please rest assured that it's not because I don't want to or because I don't have anything to say....Lord knows I've got plenty to say about everything.  I guess I just feel kind of overextended right now.  We have so much going on and work is crazy busy too and I just don't have the mental energy to get on the computer as much anymore.  I keep telling myself that if I don't make some time for me and my health that all the work and things we have going on won't matter anymore.  Some days this does the trick and on the days where I'm feeling the most overwhelmed I just head on over to some of my favorite blogs for motivation and encouragement.  I will share a list of my favorite blogs/bloggers in my next post.

Anyway, for those that asked, the Skinny Cookies & Cream Milkshake recipe is below:

1/2 cup unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
2 reduced fat oreos
1 heaping tablespoon of non fat cool whip
1/2 cup of low fat vanilla frozen yogurt

add all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth

Not sure of the WW points or calories but trust me, it's delicious and you won't feel too guilty about drinking it. 


Let's see what else...oh yeah, I've also finished week 1 of couch to 5k however it took me two weeks to do it.  So yeah, I'm thinking that's not the most effective method...I will really try to push myself hard this week to get up early enough to make it to the gym for my morning workouts before work, and then to finish up in the evenings with my 30 minutes of couch to 5k.  I will TRY.  I really will.

Thursday night last week I decided that I should read while walking on the treadmill on an incline of 3 on level 3 speed.  Partly because I felt guilty about skipping the gym all week and also partly because I really wanted to read but knew that I should be fitting in a workout....so it's not much but it's something....one chapter later I had already walked 1.56 miles without managing to fall off so I'd say that's not too bad.  If they'd only let me mount my laptop to a treadmill while at work I'd be fit it no time...



Anyway, until next time....






No comments:

Post a Comment