Saturday, March 9, 2013

Super Doubles Again? And Other Stuff

For those that are not aware Harris Teeter (in the Raleigh/Durham area at least) is doing Super Double Coupons again from March 6th - 12th.  This is rather odd to me because they just did it at the end of February so I find this rather odd. 

Word on the street though is that Harris Teeter may be bought out.  Possibly by Publix but every article I've read on the subject states that this is just in fact a rumor and that Publix has not put in an offer to acquire the 208 Harris Teeter store chain.  I guess we will have to wait and see. 

Anyway, I used most of my really good coupons during the last super doubles event and since we bought the new house, we are not getting our coupon inserts in the mail anymore in this zip code.  I was very sad to see how empty my coupon notebook was today on my trip.  Further more a lot of the coupons I did have in my book actually expired February 28th.  (If I was a hardcore extreme couponer and not a lazy quasi extreme couponer maybe I would be a little more organized...but ain't nobody got time for that!


So today I went anyway and was glad I did because I got quite a few good deals and I didn't check out the sale paper before I went either (I'm such a rebel).  I went in totally blind and withtout a list too!  Watch out now, Crazy Coupon Lady is even crazier!


For those that care about what sales you can match up with your coupons, read below.  For those that don't care and want to read random musings from me please skip the next section.


Baked Naturals Chips (Nacho Cheese Flavor): $2.99 on sale 2/$5 - .75 cents off 1 (x2) = $1.00
Peanut Butter Toast Crunch: $3.69 on sale 2/$5 - $1.00 off 2 (x2) = $3.00 ($1.50 each)
Cinnamon Toast Crunch: $3.69 on sale $2/5 - $1.00 off 3 (x2) = $3.00 ($1.00 each)
Mahatma Rice: $2.89 on sale 2/$4 - .50 cents off 1 (x2) = $1.00
Mahatma Spicy Safron Rice: .99 cents on sale for .79 cents each - .75 cents off 2 (x2) = .04 cents each
Newman's Own Salad Dressing: $3.99 on sale for $2.79 - .50 cents off 1 (x2) =  $1.79 each
International Delight French Vanilla Coffee Creamer: $3.39 on sale for $2.99 - $1.00 off 1 (x2) = .99 cents
Finish Gel Pacs Dishwashing Detergent (32 count): $7.99 on sale BOGO = $3.99 (didn't have a coupon but still a great price)
A1 Steak Sauce (Bold & Spicy): $3.99 on sale for $1.99 - .55 cents off 1 (x2) = .89 cents
Vlasic Harvest Dill Pickle Halves: $4.39 on sale for $3.99 - $1.00 off 1 (x2) = $1.99
Loreal Preference Hair Color: $9.99 - $2.00 off 1 (x2) = $5.99

$64.04 total before sales & coupons
$25.51 spent

That's about 60% Savings.  I'm no mathematician and I don't feel like trying to actually figure it out so just go with it :)

Moving on.  I've discovered a new love for spaghetti squash.  Last Sunday, Love Muffin and I made a delicious batch of Spaghetti Squash Marinara with spinach and red pepper sausage, fresh large white mushrooms and roasted red pepper and garlic spaghetti sauce.   Not realizing how much 1 makes, we bought two of them at the store.  So now I have another one to cook and I've found a pinterest recipe to try that I will attempt.  Let's hope it's good.  Don't worry I'll be sure to blog about it. 

And lastly, my new addiction - Coconut Water.  Why didn't anyone tell me how good this is?  I prefer the flavored kind.  But I will mix 3/4 of plain coconut water with 1/4 orange or other fruit juice and it is mmm mmm good and much better for me than drinking diet coke obsessively like I used to.  


What are your new obsessions?

Did you take advantage of HT Super Double Coupons?  Please share your savings if so!

What do you make with spaghetti squash?

Until next time...











No comments:

Post a Comment